These are amazing and absolutely a dessert your friends will talk about!
- Sturdiwheat Galette Mix 1 ½ cups
- 12 T Very Cold Butter
- 6 T Cold Sour Cream
- Blueberry Jam (options-Felix Lingonberry Preserves, Raspberry Jam, Orange Marmalade, or any fruit filling)
- Egg White
- Sparkling or plain sugar
- Measure 1 ½ cups Sturdiwheat Galette Mix (1/2 bag) into large bowl.
- Cut in the very cold butter until pea-sized lumps remain.
- Stir in sour cream. The dough will be very loose.
- Turn out to a floured surface and squeeze together with a few quick kneads. The dough will still be rather loose. With the second roll, it will come together.
- Shape into a brick shape. Use flour under and on top and roll to 8”x10” rectangle. Fold in three starting from a short end.
- Using more flour, roll again into an 8”x10” rectangle. Fold in thirds.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30-40 minutes.
- Beat egg white with a tablespoon of water.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Preheat oven to 425F.
- Roll the dough into a square 12”x12”.
- Using a straight edge or about a 3” square or round cookie cutter, cut into 16 pieces.
- Brush some beaten egg white along the four edges of half of the squares.
- Put about 1 T of jam or other fruit filling in the center of each of those 8 squares.
- Cut a vent in each of the other 8 squares.
- Put a vented square on top of each filled square. Using a fork press down on the edges to seal each tartlet.
- Brush the tops with beaten egg white and sprinkle lightly with the sugar.
- Place on a baking sheet. We recommend using parchment paper on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
A key to success with dough of this type is the dough temperature. Keep it cool.